POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity save and load : Re: Radiosity save and load Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity save and load
From: sooperFoX
Date: 10 Jan 2008 17:35:01
Message: <web.47869cba24f2bef263acc1e50@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Please note the release notes, which state quite clearly that radiosity is
> not finished. You cannot expect Google to to answer your question because as
> you may have noticed, there is no 3.7 documentation yet!
>
>  Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

I am aware that it is "not finished" - but it doesn't say anywhere which parts
are not finished! In combination with that, the parser output was a little
misleading.

I can understand the decision to pre-implement the parser message in preparation
for the change but it would be nice if it mentioned somewhere in the release
notes that saving and loading radiosity data is not implemented yet.

Google indexes most of this newsgroup, and other forums/blogs and useful "POV
Tips" pages; I was hoping someone else had tried to use this function and wrote
about how they got it to work, or at least mentioned that it wasn't available
yet. I guess you and I are those people!

Cheers for the info. Do you think it would be possible to include a note about
the status of radiosity in the release notes?

Regards,
sooperFoX