POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web gallery test : Re: Web gallery test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web gallery test
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 10 Jan 2008 09:35:01
Message: <web.47862c0cdb03ce10e2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm testing a new way to show images in full size for my gallery on my
> website. It uses JavaScript, but to my understanding, JavaScript is so
> widely used now that virtually noone have it turned off...
> http://runevision.com

First of all, THANK YOU for being considerate of the viewer in your site design
and not just assuming that everyone is obligated to leave JavaScript switched

when I actually need it to do something on a site I really trust.  I understand
your predicament as I have had to use it myself in designs a couple of times in

advocate JavaScript-free design where possible, your version with JavaScript is
a well-designed compromise that I would have no cause to complain about.  Oh
BTW, nice site generally.

Best Regards,
Mike C.