POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeff Wayne : Re: Jeff Wayne Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jeff Wayne
From: gregjohn
Date: 9 Jan 2008 12:35:00
Message: <web.478505098e8dcbc3d30d1e600@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> gregjohn wrote:
>
>> Episode Three is a fascinating study in fascism and
>> indoctrination of the political and religious stripe.
>
> Erm... if I knew what you're talking about, maybe I'd agree.

The scene where Palpatine and Annikin watch a movie that looks like something
made by (our own) Dennis Miller.  Palpatine engages in some political/
religious brainwashing there.  It is so moving to me, if only because I've had
someone in my own congregation who looks like that try the same thing to a
group of us, to get us to join up in one particular sect he favored.  The
gentle tone, with a touch of humor if only to show something oh-so serious....

I'd heard that Lucas was hospitalized with heart troubles when the first one
almost didn't make production schedule.  You go through **THAT**, almost die
for something, and it turns out to be a massive financial success: yeah, I
might sit on by butt for Episodes 5,6,1,2,3  and let a studio make up something
half-heartedly in tune with the great storytelling vision of my youth, too.

Darren:

>... Palentine ...

Uh, is that a misspelling of Palestine or Palpatine??  :-)
I can easily see America post 9/11.  Who's whom if you're talking about
Palestine?

> ... Wallace...
I'd put the Wallace trilogy in my top 12 favorite films, but the last two have
some over-done polish that "A Grand Day Out" does not.