POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere with longitudes and latitudes? : Re: Sphere with longitudes and latitudes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere with longitudes and latitudes?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 8 Jan 2008 23:20:00
Message: <web.47844aa9a8d0eaa2ae8612c0@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I decided to go with an object pattern instead. It's a lot simpler.
>
> Here's what the object looks like:
> http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6177/spheregriddd8.jpg
>
> Here's what the scene looks like so far. I still need to change the colored
> pigment so that it uses steps that match the grid, but that should be trivial.
> http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2742/hslspherewithgriday2.jpg

Looks good, looks like you got the maths figured out for the grid object.  The
only real difference with what put together is you are using sphere objects for
the layers, whereas I used an onion pattern.

For the HSL colour spacing, look at the HSL pigment in my code, you will need to
play with the LatDiv numers in all three to get what you need.

-tgq