POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Loop a Render?? : Re: How to Loop a Render?? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Loop a Render??
From: gregjohn
Date: 8 Jan 2008 10:30:00
Message: <web.478396cb7aec1f9cd30d1e600@news.povray.org>
"link74" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to POV-Ray and I have a fairly simple question (I think).  How can I
> loop an entire rendering so once the rendering is finished, it just starts
> right back up again?  It would be nice if I could make a large for loop so it
> would render 'x' number of times.
>
> Thanks.

As far as a *presentation* of a cyclic action, I'm sure you're aware of the
options of an animated GIF or simply making a MPEG-I and then using a good
player that doesn't jerk when it loops.

The cyclic loop switch in povray simply determines whether, for five frames
(Final_Frame=5) , the clock values go from 0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8;  versus 0,
0.25, 0.50, 0.75, 1.0.    That's all it does.

As far as making **cyclic things happen** in povray, you could, to get "N"
cycles during an animation, use hings like:

i) rotate,  like  rotate 360*SOME_VECTOR_AXIS*clock * N
ii) mod,    like translate 5*x*mod(N*clock,1)
iii) trig functions,   like  pigment {rgb <sin(2*pi*N*clock), cos(2*pi*N*clock),
0>}