POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hyper-treading in PovRay : Re: hyper-treading in PovRay Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hyper-treading in PovRay
From: H  Karsten
Date: 7 Jan 2008 08:30:00
Message: <web.478228dcf997677801ffd4b0@news.povray.org>
Hi ian,

since one year I have this machine. Don't know, what it costs to day, I've paid
about 9800 Euro for it (Each processor costs about 1000 euros, and the board
with the Chassis was 3000)

The machine is fast, but loud!! I have about 10 meters cable on it for the
monitor and access it by using synergy from my laptop. There is also a little
"IPMI" device in it which lets me access the bios and powercontrollers, using
TCP.
Very funny!