POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hyper-treading in PovRay : Re: hyper-treading in PovRay Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hyper-treading in PovRay
From: H  Karsten
Date: 7 Jan 2008 08:20:00
Message: <web.4782264cf997677801ffd4b0@news.povray.org>
Hi Warp.

I've made a benchmark test with PovRay Beta (windows version ,"Run Benchmark,
All CPUs" under render menu)

average 1590.86 PPS with    HT over 262144 Pixels
average 2336.98 PPS without HT over 262144 Pixels

Is it possible, that the maximum CPU-count in PovRay is 8?

Even if PovRay only take 8 Cores instead of 16 (with HT) the average PPS would
not reach its count while HT is turned of.

Any idea, what this could be?

HK