POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Soup's getting cold... : Re: Soup's getting cold... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soup's getting cold...
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 6 Jan 2008 11:05:00
Message: <web.4780fafc9b8c853129e441010@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.477d08b28eb4db57e2b2e7080%40news.povray.org%3E/

> > ...has resulted in no suggestions for topics, I shall infer that there is no
> > immediate interest amongst the folks here for such an event.
> > Should anyone > > get the urge to participate in such,
> > just post your idea here.
> > An idea for possible future consideration:
> >
> > A POV-Ray meet for "Per Verse" (note the space)images:
> > By this, I mean images that are inspired by poetry or verse.
> > The idea would be to go to "The Gutenberg Project" and get
> > hold of a poem (or
> > section of a longer poem) that is in the public domain
> > and post it along with
> > the image that it inspired. Or.. If you're a poet and happen to know it
> > (sorry),  you could illustrate your ow work.
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Mike C.
> >

> That's a good idea, I think I could try that.  I am definitely
> interested, think the site is neat, but I'm in follower mode right now.
>   Others have to take the lead.

Thanks for the reply.
You and I make two likely participants, and, although I certainly can't speak
for him, I'd guess that Sam B. (the one who isn't "stbenge"), who runs the
site, would be a likely third.  I'll post a "Who'd be interested?" note on
meetsoup as well.  When list hits five, I'll start up a meet and post an
announcement.

Best Regards,
Mike C.