POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oblique projection : Re: Oblique projection Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oblique projection
From: SharkD
Date: 4 Jan 2008 22:55:00
Message: <web.477efe75443d65d7e14fbc8d0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I put together a little diagram that I hope can explain the basic geometry
> behind the numbers  (thi shows cavalier projection, for cabinet, the depth
> becomes 1/2 and 1/sqrt(2) becomes 1/2sqrt(2))
> http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/barberofcivil/Oblique.jpg
>
> -tgq

Is there any way you could upload the image to the cavalier perspective article
on Wikipedia? Some suggestions before (that is, if) you do:
1) Split the image into two separate images.
2) Remove the label "Oblique Projection", as it's not necessary.
3) Rename "View plane" to "Projection plane".
4) Show the ray originating behind the projection plane.
5) Use the SVG format instead of JPG if at all possible.
6) Make another set of images for cabinet perspective.