POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oblique projection : Re: Oblique projection Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oblique projection
From: SharkD
Date: 4 Jan 2008 13:10:00
Message: <web.477e761b443d65d79d0d33710@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> "SharkD" wrote:
> > Anyway, the above code
> > works (as far as I can tell); I super-imposed it over a rotated version of
> > the
> > "top side oblique" rendering I completed earlier, and everything lines up
> > perfectly.
>
> Is it intentional that the side facing the camera is a slight rhombe and not
> a perfect square? You'll see it if you render with a for example 640x480
> resolution. If this is what you call the "jagginess due to roundoff errors"
> then in my experience, these errors are far too large to just be rounding
> errors.

Well, the face of the cube only diverges from a perfect square by one pixel i
each direction at 640x480 resolution. Yes, I would call that "jagginess".

> The camera below will give an identical image, exact that you get a perfect
> square (no "jagginess"):

That does work a lot better. Could you try a shot at this image?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7937/obliquetoprotatedgm6.png

Also, you describe how you derived the float values?