POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oblique projection : Re: Oblique projection Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oblique projection
From: SharkD
Date: 3 Jan 2008 16:20:00
Message: <web.477d5080443d65d7849476bf0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> This is a top side oblique, which seems fairly easy to achieve, you need to
> basically adjust the aspect ratio of the camera to the correct proportions
> which you have done.  I haven't been able to get this to work properly with
> front or side projected oblique.  For the top-side as you've shown, the image
> and camera merely need to be stretched, whereas with front/side, it also needs
> to be sheared.

I experimented a bit and got pretty close. At least now it's clear that it's
possible. Unfortunately, the math is a bit too complex for me to figure out.

camera
{
 orthographic
 location -z*(CameraDistance)
 direction z*(CameraDistance)
 up vaxis_rotate(y*5/2,z,-14.2)
 right vaxis_rotate(x*5/2,z,14.2)
 rotate z*15
 rotate <asind(tand(30)),45,0> //rotate the camera so that it lies along the
vector starting at the origin and passing through the cube's corner
}