POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors : Re: Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: Text editors
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Jan 2008 11:25:00
Message: <web.477d0b57af0f26ec773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
> None of these things quite compares to "I want to put the cursor *here*..."

you can just click there.  or type /word or ?word (reverse) and use "n" (next)
until you reach precisely where you want.

> > you're insane:  "3y}"
>
> ...riiiiight. *I* am insane? ;-)

Every software has its quirks.  Read that as "Yank 3 blocks", "}" used because
of its widespread use in computer programming as a block terminator.  Now, I
understand "CTRL+C" as copy, because of C, but why Paste uses "v"?!  quirks...

> Doesn't much seem to resemble the little program I end up having to use
> when I'm trying to fix a broken Linux install where /etc/fstab is messed
> up or some such and I need to edit it.

well, that's an unusual situation, don't you agree?  In there, everything is
limited, and it's just you, the kernel, a basic shell and good ol' basic vi...