POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Hildur K
Date: 3 Jan 2008 11:20:00
Message: <web.477d0ab172df5bab9301f65f0@news.povray.org>

them labeled -Norton Antivirus-. After a few weeks of playing with my new toy I
naively decided to install the NAV, just to be one the safe side, even though I

Guess what! My hard drive got wiped out completely in an instant. I had to take
the PC back to the shop and get it reformatted and the OS reinstalled. They

Later I heard rumors about some unhappy programmer at Symantec, planting a virus

this was the reason I got my hard drive wiped, but this experience made me not
trust this brand name ever again. If true, they must have had a hard time
silencing the rumor.

But it makes you think, what kind of software wipes out you hard drive in matter

(I think I still got the old NAV CD lying in a box somewhere. Maybe I should
scan it for viruses, just for the fun.)

they actually worked.

Hildur