POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Hildur K
Date: 2 Jan 2008 09:25:00
Message: <web.477b9e4372df5bab9301f65f0@news.povray.org>
> Alain wrote:
>

> Symantec is the product we're migrating off. My PC at work has something
> called Trend Micro. (Ever heard of that one? I hadn't.)

your system, is actually causing more havoc than any virus. Most of these

that these products, which are heavily marketed and generally trusted, are
failing in the most fundamental ways.

The 2007 version of Trend Micro seems to include a bug that slows down system
performance seriously on any PC. Several friends and colleagues were
complaining about extremely long boot times (up to 20-25 minutes) and generally

the RAM. In all cases this involved Trend Micro P-Cillin 2007 which I
uninstalled and replaced with Avast or F-Prot and every single one got back to
normal performance.

This performance problem seems to show up gradually, that is immediately after
installing TM everything is o.k., only after a certain amount of automatic
updates the problem starts.

My advice is stay away from these products, at least for now, until they have
fixed whatever the problem may be. I found out by searching the Internet that
people worldwide are having the same problem and no support or bug fix seems to
be available from this company, at least last time I checked.

of times. Just remember to keep the speaker volume down. :-)

Another common problem, make sure you only have ONE AV software installed at the
time. Having two or more is a killer on any PC.

Hildur