POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hyper-treading in PovRay : hyper-treading in PovRay Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  hyper-treading in PovRay
From: H  Karsten
Date: 2 Jan 2008 07:40:01
Message: <web.477b84569d2ee969ead2f34a0@news.povray.org>
Hi, we use PovRay for a film-documentary (underwater scenes).

The implementation of the hyper-treading in povray would speed up our rendering
about 5GHz.
We using this machine with 8 cores, 16 with hyper-treading:
http://supermicro.com/products/system/4U/8044/SYS-8044T-8R.cfm
Are there any planes to build in hyper-treading into the render process in
PovRay?

Ps.: My job is to visualise the diving from whales, using so called "d-tag"
data. (These are real data recorded from real wales)
To make a complete automated process from reading the data to rendering the
image, I've created a way to use PovRay with "bones". Means that PovRay it self
edit the geometric data (vertices and normals) of the whale while rendering. If
there is any interesting in it, I would like to share the trick, and the
program I've wrote for.