POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render from external application : Re: render from external application Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render from external application
From: alphaQuad
Date: 31 Dec 2007 12:20:00
Message: <web.4779249cbebf7afdb65ac5f90@news.povray.org>
I have searched the source and there is ONLY one instance of:
render_window = (something besides NULL)

that is: render_window = CreateWindowEx (

So right now I dont see how it is possible without
"render_window = some_handle_from_cmd_line".

As for the "render from external application" as described, multiframes from
multifiles with some change, mirc is perfect for this.

this exported my molecules back when this all started:

alias object_export {
; ($1 = parameter1 = some pov file)
  var %d = c:\programing\povray3.6\bin\pvengine.exe
  if (!$exists(%_.pveng)) set_pvengine
  %d = %_.pveng
  if ($exists(%d)) run %d /RENDER $1
  else echo -s No Render Engine
}

"but i do not know how to give the command for
rendering the image"
the command is "/render"