POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG lighting : CSG lighting Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  CSG lighting
From: ADK
Date: 27 Dec 2007 18:40:01
Message: <web.477437318dc94c2ab444c6a20@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've spent ages trying to figure out what's causing this. I'm trying to create a
paper lantern, so I've taken a sphere, used difference with two boxes to get a
horizontal slice of it, and then repeated this with slightly different sized
spheres each time, so as to create a sort of segmented sphere. Now, I've used
double_illuminate and hollow so as to place two spotlights inside, one for just
generally illuminating the inside, and another to create a soft patch of light
to simulate the lightbulb inside it. Now, this hasn't exactly worked. One of
the segments is lit, but all the others are dark. So, can anyone identify the
mistake I've made? Your help would be much appreciated. I'd post an image, but
I've just realised that you can't post attachments here. :(