POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GI: Comparison between POV-Ray and Mental Ray - sth wrong with Radiosity? : Re: Comparison between POV-Ray and Mental Ray - sth wrong with Radiosity? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comparison between POV-Ray and Mental Ray - sth wrong with Radiosity?
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Dec 2007 17:10:00
Message: <web.4772d090a91654928c382b80@news.povray.org>
"borix" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Still, I feel that ceiling and
> sphere are too dark compared to the other walls (they're all 50% grey). Does
> this have to do with the lamp? How do you simulate a 700 cd point light in a 5
> m x 5 m room?

I felt your original fade_distance of 30 for the light_source unnaceptable.  I
changed it to about 4 and increased the radiosity brightness to about 3 and the
result came out a lot smoother.  VanSickle's tip on diffuse values is also worth
it.

I should also point out that the Mental Ray test render came out with a lot of
blotchiness in the walls...