POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : light filter in media : light filter in media Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  light filter in media
From: Woody
Date: 23 Dec 2007 21:15:01
Message: <web.476f153cc3e5249f534b0ad0@news.povray.org>
Can someone help me out with this scene? I'm trying to create a glowing
cylindrical object (to look like a spotlight that fallsoff without using an
actual light source) and I'm getting some results that look like coincident
surfaces. Code is below.

Also, how would I go about modifying this so it does not look like a black end
has been pasted on a green cylinder?

#include "colors.inc"

#declare cam_pos=(x*4+y*3+z*-2)*2;
camera {
 location cam_pos
 look_at (x*1+y*0+z*0)*0.5

}

light_source {
 cam_pos
 color White
}

 cylinder { 0, <1,0,0>, 1

        pigment {
                gradient x
                pigment_map{
                        [0.0 color Green filter 1]
                        [0.05 color Green filter 1]
                        [0.8 color Green filter 0]
                        [1.0 color Green filter 0]
                }
        }
        hollow

        finish{ ambient 0.000 diffuse 0.000 specular 0}
        interior{
                media{
                        emission 1
        }       }