POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Did you know... : Re: Did you know... Server Time
17 May 2024 17:03:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did you know...
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Dec 2007 23:15:00
Message: <web.476b3d42e570d2d7e2179e90@news.povray.org>
> I know how the "expand to a keyword somewhere on the file" works; but I
> wish they had a completion file that expanded keywords (probably with
> omni-completion: Ctrl-X Ctrl-O).

keywords are generally very short that I don't mind typing them at least for the
first time.  But you can always open the file you'll edit and your masterwork
file with every povray trick in it.  Presto! all words in that buffer will show
up in completions in the editing buffer as well! :)

vim and emacs are highly configurable with their scripting abilities.  You could
literally write out skeleton/templated code for your povray needs.  I just don't
have the will to restart another crufty .emacs file again... :P