POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Grey color rendering issue ? : Re: Grey color rendering issue ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grey color rendering issue ?
From: 43oasis
Date: 16 Dec 2007 04:40:00
Message: <web.4764f123b7dbaa1750e54fe80@news.povray.org>

> What is the gamma value provided by that PNG? Try converting it to JPG and use
> the JPG for your image_map.
>
> --

PNG or JPEG does'nt matter, I tried both before...
Regarding the gamma value, I do not know, and even do not know how to measure it
; I made no gamma modification on the image (this, I do know how to), built from
scratch : a plain 90% black background (RVB 16M colors) with a rainbow strip
superimposed over a small region.
On the sunny side : POV-Ray 3.7beta23 is 3.71 faster than 3.61c on my
configuration, rendering a moderately complex animation (~6hours (3.7b23) for
1700 images). Thanks to the POV team !