18 Oct 2024 18:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: nemesis
Date: 12 Dec 2007 06:15:01
Message: <web.475fc234922777eb5e2636760@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
> In other words, if God is omnipotent and omniscient, why does his
> planning suck?

His planning doesn't suck.  How can you say that when you don't even know it?

> If Evil is outside of God's control, then God is not omnipotent. If he
> simply does not stop evil, but allows it to happen when he could act to
> stop it, then he is not Good. And if he can not interact with us to stop
> it, then why get upset that some people choose not to believe in
> something that can not even interact with this existence?

enough with Epicurus.  He didn't knew God's plans either.  He presumes life =
good, death = bad; which is not necessarily right in all cases.  I'm not saying
this as justification for genocides committed by men's hands, but applying it to
tragedies out of men's control.  Also, it may take time,  but justice is
eventually made.  Epicurus talked as if suffering was continuous on the same
victims no matter what and the criminous was allowed a life of happiness
thereafter.  Most criminous against humanity have had some terrible deaths or
tragedies in their families or mental illness in the last days or whatever.
Hitler suicided,  his partner Goebbels killed his 6 children and suicided,
Saddam saw his 2 sons die and then was eventually executed.  God directly
influences this world via men's actions too.

Besides, non-believers will say miracles such as healing due to prayer are
actually a matter of chance, so I don't see the relevance of them trying to
find proof of God's interactions in the world when every said interaction can
be ultimately traced to quantum fluctuations, which IMO is precisely God's way
of interacting with the physical world...