18 Oct 2024 12:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: nemesis
Date: 11 Dec 2007 16:05:00
Message: <web.475efa63922777ebf48316a30@news.povray.org>
> Or are you telling me that starving babies in Africa isn't a bad thing?
> Cancer is really good in disguise? Lynching blacks is really *good* for
> them?

These are human tragedies.  Shit happens.

It's not good for the people involved, but to what extent?  To die as a baby or
to survive only to be enslaved, or abused, and to die of hunger or AIDS
eventually?  How can you say to live is better than to die?  Maybe God has
other plans for these people.  And regardless if you have any faith or not,
these tragedies always end up resulting in something positive in the end,
either making us rethink our way of life or being less egoistical.  It's
actually in such times that we see the best of people coming out and letting be
known.

> So the original bit still stands - either God *can't* stop the evil, or
> he *decides* not to stop the evil.

yin-yang.  One cannot exist without the other.  Evil serves the purpose of
showing the nature of Good by contrast.  Is Evil outside God's control?  Was
Evil created by God as everything else?  Or is Evil just a different God?

these questions are outside my reach.  It doesn't matter, because I chose the
side I'm comfortable the most.