POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : additive transparency for image_maps? : Re: additive transparency for image_maps? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:43:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: additive transparency for image_maps?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 11 Dec 2007 01:30:01
Message: <web.475e2dac8ad0e0382ae8612c0@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/message/%3Cweb.475c9ab7fb428a642ae8612c0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.475c9a
b7fb
> > 428a642ae8612c0%40news.povray.org%3E
> > You can always weight the colour and/or functions to be greater than 1.
>
> The current version of the file already uses an image_map made into a
> function. I've tried manipulating it every way I could think of, all to
> no avail. Dark auras still appear. Maybe I'll reach some sort of
> conclusion if I think about this more.
>
> Sam

Perhaps if you posted what you have it could be of help.

By dark auras, do you mean banding where it abruptly gets darker?  Perhaps try
to make sure the function values remain between 0 and 1, just scale the pigment
values.

-tgq