17 Oct 2024 10:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Grassblade
Date: 9 Dec 2007 16:05:00
Message: <web.475c5793922777eb22e9f4040@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> In article <47584b83$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> It was both enlightening, and at the time, funny as hell to read. Now, I
> just find the fact that this is *always* the result of such purely
> philosophical arguments with such people a bit depressing.
>
> Don't believe me, then try it yourself. I absolutely guarantee that, no
> matter how smart or literate the believer, and how careful you are to
> "only" deal with the arguments they bring up, and be completely fair to
> them, it will *inevitably* sink to the point where their only defense is
> that they believe, you don't, and until you do, you won't understand the
> sublime genius of their position.
Obviously. It's like a rational discussion between a left wing and right wing
junkies. Nobody will ever convince the guys on the other side. So what?
Different axioms at the base of the logical construct make inevitably for
different conclusions. That is why atheists attack single-mindedly the Genesis
and Jesus: because they are the roots of Christianism.
What I find funny, is that the lalala Christians, as you yourself mentioned in
another post, use long rants, with lots of asterisks, I've seen it too. Well,
some of it rubbed off on you. LOL.