POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Euler : Re: Project Euler metadiscussion Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Euler metadiscussion
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 7 Dec 2007 12:35:00
Message: <web.47598367c1cfe1938d41112e0@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
> > I wouldn't use Telnet if you paid me. SSH though... (And presumably SSH
> > means you can use SFTP too? I wonder if there are tools to synchronise
> > folders over SFTP...)
>
> I think that should be possible with sshfs and rsync:

It seems that ssh and rsync are sufficient.

"rsync Tips & Tricks":
http://sial.org/howto/rsync/

"Using rsync over ssh":
http://www.oreilly.com/pub/h/38

rsync manual:
http://samba.anu.edu.au/ftp/rsync/rsync.html

Here's an excerpt from that manual:

"Once installed, you can use rsync to any machine that you can
access via a remote shell (as well as some that you can access
using the rsync daemon-mode protocol). For remote transfers, a
modern rsync uses ssh for its communications, but it may have
been configured to use a different remote shell by default,
such as rsh or remsh.

You can also specify any remote shell you like, either by
using the -e command line option, or by setting the RSYNC_RSH
environment variable.

Note that rsync must be installed on both the source and
destination machines."

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com