16 Oct 2024 18:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Dec 2007 00:05:01
Message: <web.47563136922777eb9a2067d90@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> Blind faith tells you what an outcome
> *must* be, then demands that you not only reject evidence of the
> contrary position, but also implies that the very idea that you might
> test it, or seek evidence is invalid, by definition, since it would no
> longer, at that point, be *blind*.

I know my faith isn't blind.  It's based on personal subjective spiritual
experience about my surroundings.

I'm pretty sure all those countless old lines of sacred scriptures from all
religions in the world came from similar experiences by people from all ages
getting in touch with the inner truth.  It's not a matter of blindly accepting
what old shepherds told us, but of sharing the same gut feeling about what
constitutes reality and our role in it.  I'm just following my instincts and
reaching to about the same point that many other people.  could it be all just
chemical reactions or quantum side-effects causing mass delusion?  Yes, but I
have faith it's actually God's plan at work.

and before you ask, no, I don't believe God created Adam out of clay at about
6000 years ago or that God's days are the same amount as man's days.  He had to
oversimplify things to get his message across the early believers.  If He talked
to Einstein rather than Moses we should get a far more technically detailed and
accurate version of how things came to be.  Instead of an exciting and highly
poetic and concise Creation account that came to us, we'd have boring math
formulae all over and a few diagrams trying to get it across.