POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Old "halo" feature : Old "halo" feature Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Old "halo" feature
From: mavericfso
Date: 28 Nov 2007 23:30:01
Message: <web.474e400dce4477ccd5e7e16f0@news.povray.org>
Salutations.

I ran across an interesting picture on the IRTC site that has a very nice nebula
effect. In efforts to replicate it and figure out how it works to use it in my
own applications, I started with the old fashioned copy and paste technique.
Well, I soon found out that it has been discontinued, replaced with "media" and
"interior". Well, not being a very seasoned man, I have not had any success in
"retrofitting" the old halo function to be used in interior, or media with
similar results.

If someone could do me a favor and tell me how to convert it (being that the
help files say nothing about the equivalent values or terms) to what it should
be, that would be most excellent.

Any information, perhaps a quote of said function, that could help, all you need
do is ask.

--Jim D.