POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition #5 - bring it on! : Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on!
From: Blue Herring
Date: 27 Nov 2007 13:25:00
Message: <web.474c5fbd5e68ae5ace5ce3790@news.povray.org>
I have an idea that may or may not be useful.  Perhaps instead of Quicktime
movies, you might consider flash animation.  I've been playing around with
png2swf and some advantages seem to be that it encodes really fast, the
animation is lossless, and its well supported on most peoples' browsers.  I did
a test of 100 400x300 png images generated by POV-Ray, and the resultant swf
file was about 118k, so I don't think size would be a big problem.  Encoding
that file took about 2 seconds.

Just a thought.