POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converting to usable 16 bit height-fields : Re: Converting to usable 16 bit height-fields Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting to usable 16 bit height-fields
From: Andy W
Date: 26 Nov 2007 06:10:00
Message: <web.474aa8a0f40b7d4d5d6df44f0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the pointers, and the welcome, both of you.

But I'm still floundering: I already have good, correct, 16 bit data, for the
areas I want to render. I need to find software that will convert into the TGA
format or a single channel 16 bit PGM (or, at the very least, extract the most
significant bit and least significant bit, so I can put them into a tga image).

I can work a long, tedious hack that can achieve this, I think, but if there's
software that can do the trick.

What's bothering me at the moment is that I feel that I already have a 16 bit
PGM, and POV is merely taking the least significant bit and rendering that,
leaving me with everything peaking at 256 meters.