POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Possible new features? : Re: Possible new features? Server Time
20 May 2024 04:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible new features?
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Nov 2007 19:55:00
Message: <web.47477565be601095261d9700@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> What I would like to see is :
>
> 1) something like LightSys and CIE incorporated seemlessly into PovRay.

This would be good.

> 2) A planetary include file that has something similar to a procedural
> version of Celestia - the universe with planets and galaxies and earth-like
> planets with built in "SunPos" Systems and aTerraPov system.

This is probably best kept as an include file, but could be included in the
standard distribution.

> 3)Fixed up Glows.

How?  You can do some great glows with what's already there.

> 4)Realtime preview.

As long as POV lacks a GUI editor, this one remains problematic.  OTOH, a button
next to the "Render" button that launches a Q5 render, or something like that,
could be useful.

In fact, along with such a button, the ability to query the current quality
level (+Q from the command line) would be useful for scenes.  I already do all
kinds of LOD anyway; linking it to the current +Q option would make this
feature much more useful for me.

....Chambers