POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Single Parse Stereoscopic? : Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic? Server Time
19 May 2024 17:53:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 22 Nov 2007 13:55:01
Message: <web.4745cf58f2015f4bc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
The images and macro I've done so far is for parallel viewing which has some
limitations compared to cross viewing.  Unless you are capable of diverging
your eyes, the actual image spacing needs to be smaller than your actual eye
spacing, which means the object has to be smaller.

For parallel viewing, it is quite simple to set up with mirrors.  You can either
do it like in the other post with diverging mirrors, or the way I did it.  I
think it is possible to do cross-eyed with mirrors, but it would be much more
complex with more maths and mirros to get the images to cross over.  However,
megaPOV has a camera_view pigment.  With this, you just look orthagonally at a
couple of boxes, and map the viewing mirrors as pigments on them.  Not sure if
this feature is to get extended to POV4 (or maybe 3.7...), but it is very
useful for doing single pass stereoscopics (amongst other things).  Without
this, you caould always write a 3-part animation, one pass for each eye, then
the third pass to combine them.

Here is a sample cross-eye render pair to try out.  If you are interested, I can
post the macro for the camera, it is very simple and very simple to implement.
You can also use it directly in a scene, as you don't need to predeclare and
pass the viewing objects.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: