POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Single Parse Stereoscopic? : Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic? Server Time
19 May 2024 20:32:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic?
From: Leef me
Date: 20 Nov 2007 13:20:00
Message: <web.474324bcf2015f4b2a7b15450@news.povray.org>
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> > Try this one:
> [snip camera]
> > This get rid of the distortions as marble have a triangular shape. Also, it's
> > repeating, so you no longer need the repeat warp. It act like a pair of
> > achromatic prisms instead as a pair of shifted lences.
>
> That's much better, the previous versions were all slightly fuzzy and gave me a
> bit of a headache. This new camera does the job much more effectively; the
> composite image is much sharper.
>
> When I render it, there is a glass-like vertical boundary at the sides of each
> image - what causes this?
>
> Cross-Eyed Bill

As Bill said, much better.
And then I added another object for perspective, see below.
What does this object do to the effect?

Also, is there a way to use screen.inc to add a mask around the view,
effectively hiding the abberation that Bill noticed?

Leef_me

//-------------------------------------------------
cylinder {
  0*y,  15*y,  .5