POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Single Parse Stereoscopic? : Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic? Server Time
8 May 2024 16:07:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single Parse Stereoscopic?
From: sooperFoX
Date: 19 Nov 2007 08:25:01
Message: <web.47418e7ff2015f4b943b35b60@news.povray.org>
I was just thinking about this some more.. I think it has to do with the
spherical normal to begin with. It looks like the 'splitting' of the viewport
is happening OK (thanks to the warp I presume) but the spherical nature of the
normal is what is causing the distortion.

What if you tried a gradient, something like (forgive my syntax, I don't have
POV in front of me)

gradient x
normal_map {
[0.0 <1, -1>]
[0.5 <0, -1>]
[0.5 <0,  1>]
[1.0 <1,  1>]
}
translate -0.5*x

...or similar. I have absolutely no idea how you would focus something like that
though! Perhaps some clever scaling.. hehehe

Just throwin' it out there.

sooperFoX

P.S. the more I think about it, the more it seems like just trying to find a
"short-cut" for the method I described at the end of my last post.. maybe
prisms instead of mirrors though.. hmmm

"sooperFoX" <bon### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> ...the radial angular perspective distortion ruins the
> effect somewhat..

--->8--- snip