POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Nov 2007 09:15:01
Message: <web.473c5405e392abcb726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Ross wrote:

> I'm also rather fond of German and Belgian beers (especially the ones
> from those Trappist monasteries - consume with caution!), which for
> sheer variety of flavour and strength cannot be beaten anywhere in the
> world, although some New Zealand beers get quite close.

Have you tried Hoegaarden? I must say that I am fond of it. Other that that I

get a pint of heavy.

> > I can't drink more than 4 beers before I feel done. Physically, mentally,
> > done. A whole evening of it will get me in the worst mood.
>
> Everyone's different. Scott's comments about building up a resistance
> are completely on the nose - I can quite easily consume four or five
> pints of ale (no more than 5% alcohol by volume) during a night out, go
> home no more than pleasantly inebriated, and get up the next morning
> with no problem other than slight tiredness (the booze stops you
> sleeping properly). But I've been a serious ale fan for over a decade...

too much for my stomach. Three pints and I spin, pitch and yaw. But whisky, I
can drink that until I fall down and still feel OK.
You are right about alcohol disrupting your sleep. One drink can relax you but
more than that stimulates you unless you drink enough to fall into a drunken
stupor.

> Enjoy in moderation. Kids! Don't take drugs!

tests.

Stephen