POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Half expected Rusty to wheel around a corner : Re: Half expected Rusty to wheel around a corner Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Half expected Rusty to wheel around a corner
From: honnza
Date: 13 Nov 2007 18:25:00
Message: <web.473a320f6dc364b4a9ce4df50@news.povray.org>

http://infosthetics.com/archives/2006/09/life_inside_a_cell_infographic_animation.html

> Yes that is more believable than rotating round wheels with just enough
> space to fit a molecule in. Much better lighting, good use of focal
> blur. Still not a place where I would expect Rusty, but a fantastic
> animation nevertheless.

It is. I especially loved watching the transport molecules that looked like
walking.

It clearly shows that the life is actually a perfectly mastered nanosystem. The
ribosomes are the perfect processors, and what's for sure the program is
incredibly complex and stored on a very stable medium, counting the recovery
mechanisms in (imagine a floppy disk in a strong magnetic field keeping its
data intact for hundreds of years. That's what we are now, in a solar microwave
oven).
It makes you want to know the Creator of the human cells (and everything).