POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TerraPOV : TerraPOV Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  TerraPOV
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 13 Nov 2007 08:50:01
Message: <web.4739ab70b2f747afe8ba46670@news.povray.org>

> Oh, I like this one, moody, not so colorful.
>
> And you don't even need to worry how your sun looks ;)
>
> Now put some water and terrain below that sky!

As everyone may guess, the sky is not my only subject of study. I am also
working on water (not as difficult as the sky), and terrains (not quite easy to
automate).

These are different and 'orthogonal' works. I think I ended up with something
operatable for skies. I already have something for terrains and the main
principles and features are OK (as embryos). Water is not really a problem
(still water I mean ..).

My idea is to gather all in a single system (with many parameters ...), allowing
of course to add user defined objects in scenes with provided placement macros.
The triplet sky-terrain-water would then be a framework for scenes, with tools
and predefined stuff and so.

As I got inspired by Terragen, I have named this projet TerraPOV.

Thanks to those who encouraged me for my skies. I keep you informed.

    Friendly

        Bruno