POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity vs. double_illuminate : Re: radiosity vs. double_illuminate Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity vs. double_illuminate
From: nemesis
Date: 11 Nov 2007 16:30:01
Message: <web.47377341c65e62dc47c4e9b20@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22J=E9r=F4me_M=2E_Berger=22?= <jeb### [at] freefr> wrote:
>  I'd be really interested to see such a scene if you could make one,
> but you can't (unless you use the "no_reflection" keyword of
> course).

global_settings {

        ambient_light 0
 radiosity { brightness 1.2 }

}

union {

 plane { y, -1 pigment { rgb 1 } finish { ambient 6 } }

 sphere { -x, 1 pigment { rgb x } }

 sphere { x, 1 pigment { rgb y } finish { reflection 1 }}

 translate z*5

}

I can't see a thing.  Reflections or otherwise.

> I have made some test scenes with pure ambient lighting
> (neither light sources nor radiosity) and reflective materials and
> the reflections showed just fine.

yes, but you know ambient light is by itself faking a constant ambient lighting,
don't you?  That's the hidden light by which povray is tracing the scene.  No
lights, no reflection, nor image. nothing...

Let there be light! :)