POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Possible new features? : Re: Possible new features? Server Time
20 May 2024 08:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible new features?
From: zeroin23
Date: 10 Nov 2007 22:50:00
Message: <web.47367b8dbe601095dcba94ae0@news.povray.org>
"Robert Dawson" <rda### [at] csstmarysca> wrote:
> (1) Currently, if I understand correctly, if multiple cameras are included in a
> scene file only one will be used. It would be useful to be able to include
> multiple cameras and have each used in turn (like the familiar scene at a
> tourist site when everybody hands their camera to the tour guide to take the
> same shot of the group!) This would however need some way to disambiguate the
> image name, perhaps an extra "camera_name" field in the camera definition.
>    -Robert Dawson

This can be done right via #declaring a variable and using #if stuff. like

#declare FirstPerson = yes;
#ifndef(FirstPerson)
#end
// Overview camera
#if (FirstPerson=no)
#end

C:\pv3.6\scenes\animations\splinefollow\splinefollow.pov

If the tour guide can automatically frame the entire model (minus the infinite
planes) that would be good.

Just to add on, I think reparsing each frame for an animation render is too
wasteful.

tq tq 8)