POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mesh and polygons area : Re: Mesh and polygons area Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh and polygons area
From: alphaQuad
Date: 3 Nov 2007 00:30:00
Message: <web.472c065d881ace7c3bb21de50@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> seems in my search I use 'area' as opposed to 'volume', doh.
>

> http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/Homepages/wrf/Research/Short_Notes/volume.html

and that guy is bonkers or what???

" The volume of the pyramid is the area of the base polygon times the distance
from the base plane to the origin. Either of these might be negative."

AND

"Be careful of signs since some tetrahedra should have negative volumes"

a negative volume to me would mean an error!

The Volume of pyramid is [area of the pyramid's base] X [height] X
[1/3], and is expressed in cubic units.
from: [http://www.aaamath.com/B/geo79_x6.htm]

SHEESH