POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopic camera : Re: Cool stereo effect Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cool stereo effect
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 29 Oct 2007 05:25:01
Message: <web.4725b4843c64de7a65f2686d0@news.povray.org>
> Well, just one of the fun things you can try with stereo effects. :)

Indeed, changes in eye separation and zero parallax distance (either together or
independently) are two things we don't experience in real life and I remember
the great surprise when I first did it and didn't have a neural meltdown.
Fortunate because in some cases you absolutely have to so this, for example,
flying about any model where there are large changes in scale .... for example
leaving earth and flying out to cosmological scale, or zooming in from human
scale to the molecular scale. My usual algorithm is to derive the zero parallax
distance from the scale of my immediate surrounds and then eye separation
becomes 1/30 of that, usually makes for easy on the eye stereo.

P a u l   B o u r k e
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/