POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc= : Re: ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically co= Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically co=
From: Tom York
Date: 28 Oct 2007 09:10:00
Message: <web.472497bef73ddf437d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Tom York <alp### [at] zubenelgenubi34spcom> wrote:
> > I can't see how that's a bad thing, there must be plenty left to do on 3.7
> > anyway without adding more features.
>
>   Could people please make up their minds already? People want new features
> and people don't want new features at the same time.
>
>   It's not like me testing some new features would slow down the pov-team
> in any way.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

I don't understand. Looking back through the thread, the only person discussing
this for 3.7 appears to be you; as far as I can see the rest of the discussion
was in the context of POV 4. Certainly I think it's pointless to add this to
POV 3.7, it would need a huge amount of work to get the sampling right.

I've no idea what will and what will not slow the POV team down. How could I?

Tom