POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question about sss implementation in Blender : Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender
From: Tom York
Date: 26 Oct 2007 14:40:00
Message: <web.472234621cea9bf37d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
"Antonio Ferrari" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > If you click on Home you end up at
> > http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/grads/t/Sarah.Tariq/index.html. I believe
> > her email address is written just under Georgia Institute of Technology,
> > with an @ written in letters. ;-)
>
> I already wrote to her one or two years ago, but non replies arrived.

It looks to me like most of the code you need is on the page you originally
mentioned:

http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/grads/t/Sarah.Tariq/a_practical_model_for_subsurface.html

There are a few bits missing, but you could work those out from having a
look at the (famous) subsurface scattering paper linked to on the home
page:

http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/grads/t/Sarah.Tariq/index.html

Tom