POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : texture mirroring (like D3DTADDRESS_MIRROR) : texture mirroring (like D3DTADDRESS_MIRROR) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  texture mirroring (like D3DTADDRESS_MIRROR)
From: Nils
Date: 25 Oct 2007 10:35:01
Message: <web.4720a7c3eaa637bf687c1ed50@news.povray.org>
Is there an easy way to get pov ray to mirror a texture every time it
reaches a texture boundry?

The default way pov ray repeats a texture is wrap, looks like this:
http://www.math.uni-leipzig.de/pool/tuts/SelfDXD/DirectXGraphics/texturen/wrap.gif

The way I'd need the textures repeated should look like this:
http://www.math.uni-leipzig.de/pool/tuts/SelfDXD/DirectXGraphics/texturen/mirror.gif

I've managed to simulate texture mirroring using the image_map 4 times
(original, scaled by -1 in x, scaled in y and scaled in both x and y),
combining these using gradient x and gradient y, but now I'm stuck.
I can't interpolate my image_map (color leaks around the image borders) and
scaling the image has become a nightmare.

So is there a convenient way to achive texture mirroring?