POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TopMod Star Ball : Re: TopMod Star Ball Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:39:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TopMod Star Ball
From: Grassblade
Date: 24 Oct 2007 14:40:01
Message: <web.471f90ecd90da9c8654d6f060@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> "Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Also I wonder how hard it would be to make a CSG version rather than a mesh
>
> I think Paul Nylander might have done it with CSG, look at:
> http://bugman123.com/Math/Math.html
> I'm not that smart. :)

Thanks for the link, that site has some really impressive stuff. I haven't
been able to find the code of that particular pic though, but by browsing
the others that do show their code, I believe it's not CSG but some sort of
mesh made from a parametric object.
Looks like the CSG version is still in the air.