POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question about sss implementation in Blender : Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender
From: triple r
Date: 23 Oct 2007 20:50:00
Message: <web.471e96611cea9bf388727a860@news.povray.org>
"Antonio Ferrari" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Ok... I was simply wondering if many features that some applications nowdays
> have will be added also to Povray. SSS is only one of them. I'de like to see
> Povray growing up more rapidly and overclass many other programs (yafray,
> etc.). I love Povray but it seems it's loosing many opportunities. It's
> only my opinion :-)

I confess that I agree, but now is probably a good time to thank everyone
who has developed POV-Ray for their effort.  Assuming most of the
developers have a life outside of this, it's all the more impressive.  That
said, subsurface scattering sure would be a great addition.  I know media is
more robust, but I can never get that to work right.  Oh, and someone has
already implemented this in POV-Ray, but it's probably not for sharing
(look at the last line):

http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/grads/t/Sarah.Tariq/a_practical_model_for_subsurface.html

 - Ricky