POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question about sss implementation in Blender : Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender
From: Antonio Ferrari
Date: 23 Oct 2007 12:25:00
Message: <web.471e1f4d1cea9bf34e64f15d0@news.povray.org>
> Antonio Ferrari wrote:
> > - For each tile, two zbuffers are created, one with the frontmost faces and
> > one with the backmost faces.
> <snip>
> > And for Povray are these steps easy to implement or not?
>
> POV-Ray is a ray-tracer, not a scanline renderer. The algorithms for POV-Ray
> would be different (and simpler).
>
>  Thorsten

Ok... I was simply wondering if many features that some applications nowdays
have will be added also to Povray. SSS is only one of them. I'de like to see
Povray growing up more rapidly and overclass many other programs (yafray,
etc.). I love Povray but it seems it's loosing many opportunities. It's
only my opinion :-)