POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface : Re: Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface
From: Leef me
Date: 23 Oct 2007 02:05:01
Message: <web.471d8e89ee0c3636ba3bb4f60@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge <stb### [at] THIShotmailcom> wrote:
> Leef_me wrote:
> > That does indeed <solved> the problem. And in understand the concept of

> If you *really* want to make sure it never happens again, you can make
> the object pigment infinitely long in the z-axis by changing your object
> pigment like so:
>
> pigment_pattern{
>   object{my_text 0,1}
>   translate<1.5,0,0>
>   warp{planar}
> }
>
> As long as you made the first 'translate' in the text object's
> definition, this should work just fine.
>
> Sam

Ok, that works as advertised. But I stumbled upon a new wrinkle.

I want to apply the 2D text to a flat object: disc, plane, sheet of paper,
or im my case a mesh.
(I'm looking the the scroll object at
                http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php     }

I've even succeeded in getting the text to run cross-wise or along the
length of the scroll. No code to share yey, it is very rough. Problem is
that the text 'bleeds through' and is visible from both sides of the
object.

Is there some way to apply a pigment to the 2D text and a different pigment
to the surrounding area including the opposite side, or maybe even a 3rd
pigment to the opposite side alone?

Leef_me