POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Ray newsgroup message digest : Re: POV Ray newsgroup message digest Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray newsgroup message digest
From: Leef me
Date: 21 Oct 2007 14:40:00
Message: <web.471b9bd732d496c9892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> > Not sure where to post this, it relates to the online newsgroups.
>
> The change to make the off-topic group available via the web view again was
> intentional.
>
> As far as your observation is concerned, personally I agree that it is
> annoying to have the off-topic messages fill up the digest views. I can't
> say yet if we will change this detail as it depends on two things: If we
> want to, and if we easily can.
>
>  Thorsten, POV-Team

With due respect to your position, that last paragraph SEEMS to make no
sense.

You just commented that filling up the digest is annoying.
But again, "we" involves more than just your opinion, but the whole
POV-Team.

Also, "and if we easily can" seems strange.
You just stated that the change to show off-topic in the digest was
intentional.
Did someone break the handle on the switch that turns it off/on?

Not that I begrudge there being an off-topic group, especially if I had an
off-topic message. But 49% of the Message Digest was in the last 30 hours,
and was on "Life Sucked at My School This Week", 11% more was spread across
other off-topic threads.

There are at least 20 groups I'd rather read, even from a newbie (such as
myself) asking a FAQ, that actually have to do with POVRAY, than in reading
chit-chat that has no relationship. Unintentionally so, but this is SPAM.

Leef_me (newbie extraordinaire)