POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invite to see molecules ray tracing pictures : Re: Invite to see molecules ray tracing pictures Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invite to see molecules ray tracing pictures
From: Francesco Bennardo
Date: 18 Oct 2007 14:50:00
Message: <web.4717a9b87cd6b94729be0f620@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Francesco Bennardo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/15 16:38:
> > "zeroin23" <zer### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> Hi Sir,
> >>
> >> it would be nice if you can provide the source codes to the POV-Ray.
> >>
> >> have you seen this?
> >> http://wwwchem.leidenuniv.nl/metprot/armand/
> >> it looks good, but then there is no way to get the source code.
> >>
> >> I am trying to replicate the work of reproducing protein secondary structure
> >> in POV-Ray. After trying to do this for 1.5 years, I am still trying to
> >> figure out how to draw beta sheets.
> >>
> >> Yours images sizes are too big, think you can reduce the size, the entire
> >> page is 2.58MByte, my suggestion would be, reduce the image to thumbnails
> >> and at the same time provide PV source, so that if required, anyone can
> >> replicated themselves and increase the resolution.
> >>
> >> The font is nice.
> >

> > I will put the sources as soon as possible
> > If i reduce the size of the pictures, the ray tracing do not look very nice.
> > Francesco
> >

> You can use tumbnails linking to the full size image. It's a common practice.
> That way, if you don't want to view an image, you only get the small thumbnail
> to DL. Save time and bandwidth.
> You can always have a full size "featured" image at the beginning of the page.
> It can be scripted to automaticaly change from time to time.
>
> --
> Alain
>    My wife's such a bad cook, the dog begs for Alka-Seltzer.
>     Rodney Dangerfield

Dear friends,
i prefer to have comments about the quality of the ray tracing molecules, if
you all like to do.
I know the sizes of the molecules are big, but they are big on purpose.
I want to emphasize the great power of our beloved, great, excellent, POV
Ray. Look in the galleries. There are 120 molecules ray tracing and many
other in the site pages. All the graphics is POV Ray made.
My site is built for a 1280x960 resolution.
Thank you all
Francesco